Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Saturday Inspiration Challenge

I just can't stay away from the Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoast.  It just seems to set my creative juices flowing.  The site of inspiration today is William Chambers Millinery.  Hmmm?  Hats?  I didn't know I could be inspired by hats.  Apparently, yes, yes, I can!

In perusing the site, I came across this beauty, Magenta Flower Headpiece, and thought of cascading flowers down the front of a card, how pretty! 

I started with this:
Some punched flowers (Marvy and SU flower punches), that I inked, folded, and generally grundged up.  After a lot of playing around, I ended up here:


I stamped the sentiment (Kay Feley, River City Rubber Works) on burgundy CS, embossed and added a bit of raffia. I used a photo corner punch to add balance to the sentiment side of the card.  Antiqued brass brads were added to the centers of the flowers to give interest, dimension and because I really, really like antiqued brass with the grundge look :) Also, the flowers and BG DP is from K&Co.  I absolutely love this paper.  I think it adds a little pizazz to any creation. 

Looking back, I would have added some punched holes to the flowers in keeping with the inspiration piece, but otherwise, I'm very happy with the way it came out. 

I'm off to weed a bit in the garden, before it starts raining yet again. 
Smiley from millan.net

Til next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger