Thursday, March 18, 2010

Some Crafty Organization

I've been redesigning my craft area a little to give myself a little bit more room to create and less clutter to deal with.  I don't know about you, but when things are messy, I just can't create anything. 

I purchased a couple of storage units that I'm really excited about and can't wait to share with you.

I purchased these storage cubbies from Target.  They are made by Closet Maid and were about $30 each.  I now have all my unmounted stamps in CD cases and organized in alphabetical order.  I'm so thrilled with this set-up.  It's so much easier to find a stamp set now that they are out of CD boxes.  Here's a closer look at the cases.


The other organizational unit I purchased was from Michael's and it was a bit pricey ($99), but with a 40% off coupon, I was able to bring the price down to within reason.



The unit has three fabric drawers, which can be labeled, and my favorite part, the top of the unit is open to store all the much needed supplies that usually sit on my desk.  I also re-purposed the ribbon rod on the side to hold my roll of paper towels.  This sits right next to where I work and has really cleared out my working space.  It's also on wheels, so can easily be moved to wherever I am.

Well, because I've gained all this space by organizing, I was able to easily create a card this morning.  The stamps I used were from a retired SU set called Garden Collage.  I stamped the butterfly several times and watercolored.  I then cut them out and coated with Crystal Effects.  The sentiment is from Anna Griffin.




I also used a Martha Stewart border punch, as well as an SU label punch.

It feels so good to have everything in my little crafting space neat and tidy and I hope to keep it that way.

Til next time,

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Card!! Your craft space just keeps getting better and better :)

    Allie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Making things more tidy and organized certainly was two-fold in results! I love the new storage additions and I love the card! The card is stunning!

    My most favorite thing about your new storage is the place for the paper towels! :<) I never know where to set mine and it ends up on the floor by my chair. I must look into this storage unit!

    Wishing you a fun and creative weekend!

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger