I started out with this lovely set called "Honey Bear" that I purchased on ebay a few years ago. With the multitude of new stamp sets to choose from, I'm still drawn to the older stamp designs. They have such charm.
I ended up using all the images from this set for my card. I stamped in Stazon Brown on watercolor paper and then stamped my main image on a large Post-It note for masking.
I cut out my masking image with a small pair of detail scissors (believe me, the size of your scissors can make a difference in tight, detailed areas). I added a bit more temporary adhesive to my mask and placed it over my main image. You can see how my mask is cut slightly inside the lines; this is to eliminate any white areas when we add our next techinique. Now, we need to add some fluffy clouds.
Again, I added a little more temporary adhesive to my template and placed it randomly in the "sky" area of my main image. I then used a sponge and Bashful Blue ink to "pounce" the sponge around the template. Continue moving your template around, including over areas you have already sponged, until you are happy with the result. I must say that this technique is not my original idea. I learned it a few years ago at Splitcoast Stampers. It's made it's way around in many forms and I'm not sure who originated it. If any of you know the artist who came up with this, please let me know, so I can give them credit.
And here is the finished card. I added another honey bear, flying overhead. He has been watercolored in the same fashion and cut out. I added some Crystal Effects to his wings and honey jar. Then, of course, I added the hive, flowers and sentiment to the top of the card. I finished everything off with some DP from DCWV and a ribbon-tied button.
I hope you all had a lovely holiday weekend and are ready to attack your work week. On that note, I better go get ready.
Til Next Time,