Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday Inspiration Challenge

Okay, I was done for once I saw the beautiful images at Thymes .  Of course, this is for the inspiration challenge over at Splitcoast today.  The images of Thyme's bath collections are just so beautiful.  I chose the one below because it reminded me of the brayer technique, and I have been trying to practice when I can.  I took Michelle Zindorf's beginner and advanced brayer class last fall, and I'm still working on my technique.
So here is what I created:

I used the SU set called Fabulous Flowers and a flourish set from Autumn Leaves Clear Stamps.  The flowers were stamped in Bravo and Baroque Burgundy and heat embossed.  I then stamped the flourishes in Creamy Caramel and embossed.  Next came the brayer, and this is where I had a little difficulty; you see, I realized I didn't have a large burgundy stamp pad (eegads!).  I used my stampin spots to coat the brayer, not "fabulous", but in a pinch it worked....and on we go.  I stamped the sentiment in Bravo Burgundy and added some rhinestones to some of the flowers.  The mat is punched with an SU corner punch, and that, as they say, is it!

If you ever get the opportunity to take one of Michelle's classes, I highly recommend it.  Even if you don't brayer all the time, she has so many great tips for stamping and creating scenes.  See her blog link on my sidebar. 

I'm busy, busy with upcoming projects and will be posting all this week.  Stay tuned.

Til next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger