Saturday, January 2, 2010

Belated Happy New Year

The new year is creeping in slowly for me.  It's taking me awhile to bounce back from an illness, which definitely effects the stamping mojo, let me tell you.


I wanted to get my creative juices flowing this morning, so I headed over to one of my favorite challenges on Splitcoast, the inspiration challenge.  SmilynStef has a really beautiful site for us to explore today called Design Spirit, with lots of eclectic images to choose from.  I chose this clock magnet, as I loved the beautiful colors and patterns, as well as the clock design



And here is what I created:


I used a combination of DP from K&Company and stamps from CTMH and Justrite.  I also threw in a few punched shapes.  The clock face is embossed and gold and I added a few brass brads for embellishments.  This started out to be a valentine card (see the heart?), but the more I added, the more it started to be a piece to inspire me through the coming the months.  The words say "create-dream-inspire", and that's what I hope to do this year.  I want to create art that makes myself and others happy; I want to dream of possibilities for 2010, and I want to inspire others.  May you all create, dream and inspire this year and this new decade. 

Thank you for joining me on my creative journey.

Til next time,


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!!!! Thank you - Thank you!
    Happy 2010!
    -Allie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what beautiful creations!!
    Happy New Year.

    Aloha & Hugs,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy! That is gorgeous! You continue to amaze me with your creativity!
    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your creations! Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger