Saturday, January 23, 2010

I'm Inspired





For all of you who have contacted me wondering if I'm alright, thank you. It's so nice to know that my friends actually miss me when I don't post for awhile. Well, I promised myself that I would only post to this blog when I felt inspired or had something meaningful to share, and frankly the past several weeks, I just haven't.

Today, I woke up and checked out the Inspiration challenge over at SCS and actually felt like creating. Nothing like a good Inspiration Challenge to get ya going. Try it, I know you'll like it!

I came across this pillow, called Brushstroke Square Pillow, I know "duh, kind of obvious!"



This got me thinking about using acrylic paint with stamps, a technique I absolutely love.  I whipped out my white paint and brushed it on a square stamp from a retired SU set called "Little Shapes" and stamped on black CS.  I was a little timid with the paint at first, so my squares had a shadowy effect that I wasn't all too happy about, so I went back and stamped again using more paint.  This made the squares seem to have more dimension, cool!  (Remember to wash paint off your stampsright away after stamping)

I stamped a heart from the CTMH set called "Game Night" in red acrylic paint. Again, this didn't have as much dimension as I wanted, so I stamped again on a separate sheet of CS, cut it out and popped it up.  I added the sentiment "Love" (Anna Griffin), and there you have it.

On another note, I've been trying to get back into scrapbooking recently and am almost done with a travel album that I will share soon.

Til then,

1 comment:

  1. Hi Wendy, It was so nice to see a new post on your blog today. I'm glad to hear that you are ok. Can't wait to see your travel album.

    Joyce and Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger