Monday, December 21, 2009

Snowman Thank You

I have big plans for this snowman!  I love the fact that the SU Snowman (Simple Seasonal Thanks) from the Holiday mini catalog is so big and roly-poly.  He can be used in so many ways.  Below, I have used him to create a packet of thank you notes for a friend's son. 



I stamped my snowman on Whisper White cardstock and colored with Prismacolor pencils.  I then paperpieced his hat an scraf with SU DSP from last season.  The hat brim is accented with Liquid Applique and I added dots with pearlized dimensional paint (fabric paint).  I used a template from the Resources section on Splitcoast for the card holder.  It's actually supposed to be a purse, but this is for a boy, so I didn't think his dad would appreciate that.  I added a snowman to the front of the box, popped up on Dimensionals and a computer-printed title.  I plan to include some crayons for Aiden to personalize his snowmen.

This was an incredibly easy, fun and economical gift. Like I said, I have big plans for this snowman.  Can you see him holding a snowglobe, or maybe with a Sweet Center's tummy full of white candy?

Well, I'm off to finish those houses I keep mentioning.  I will post them soon!!!

Til next time,

1 comment:

  1. Wendy,
    I love what you did with the snowman. The hat and scarf look great with the dots of pearlized fabric paint. Have a great Holiday week!
    Allie

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger