Monday, December 7, 2009

TLC250 Snowman Love

Okay, so I succumbed to the Technique Lover's challenge again.  I just can't leave a new technique alone.  The ideas start rolling and then the morning is history.  Here's what I came up with:

Of course, the other problem is that I can't ever keep anything simple.  There has to be ribbon, brads, fabric paint, stickers.....the list goes on and on!

I started by watercoloring this cute little snowman image from an old SU set called Snow Globe.  He just fit perfectly on this little tag box/bag.  Then I added some snow.  Did you know you can emboss with fabric paint?  Well, I wasn't getting enough texture with my white Craft ink, so I gave it a go.  I painted the craft paint below my snowman image and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  It woked like a dream.  I tried stamping and embossing the snowflakes on my main panel and that did not work so well, too gloppy.  So, I would restrict its use to large areas that you apply with a brush.

All the instructions for this project are posted on SCS under Shipping Tag Box/Bag.  I didn't have the appropriate size shipping tags, so I made my own per the instructions given.  See the recipe below for supplies used.  Okay, now I have to go get the errands done.

Recipe:  Paper:  SU Bordering Blue, DCWV, WC.  Stamps:  SU Snow Globe (ret).  Accessories:  SU ribbon and silver cord.  Heart punch, hole punch, Nestabilities, gel pens, SU markers, pearl white fabric paint, embossing powder, SU re-inkers, acrylic snowflakes, brads, white gel pen, decorative scissors, corner punch.

Til next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger