Sunday, February 7, 2010

My Kind of Superbowl Sunday Celebration

Happy Superbowl Sunday everyone!  I am not an avid football fan, but I will partake in a superbowl party for the food of course.  Today, I decided to celebrate by playing along with the Featured Stamper Challenge over at Splitcoast.  Barbara Anders (aka Bar) is our Featured stamper, and boy does she have a fun gallery to case.  I chose Barbara's Pie in the Window, because it reminded me of the first card I ever posted to Splitcoast in 2007.  This is the card that began my love of creating scenes with stamps.


I didn't have the same stamp set that Barbara used, but I had "Window Dressing", a retired SU set that had yet to see ink (gasp!).  I stamped the window on watercolor paper and added "siding" and "curtains" with my artist's pen.  I watercolored the image with SU re-inkers.  I then stamped the window again, watercolored just the shutters, and then cut them out and added them to the main image.  I added a cute little girl from the set and punched hearts to decorate my window. This was such a fun card to make today. 

Note:  If you live near the S.F. Bay Area and are interested in learning how to watercolor using re-inkers and create scenes with your stamps, I will be posting my class schedule this week.  Hope to see you all soon.

Til Next Time,

1 comment:

  1. Very Cute! I love the colors. (I too have stamp sets that have yet to see ink - gasp gasp :-) ) Allie

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger