Sunday, November 15, 2009

FS145 Narley Christmas

Congratulations Dawn (Treasure Oiler) on being our Featured Stamper this week at Splitcoast!

Here's the card I cased of Dawn's:

Surf's Up


And here's my card:


Things I changed: 
*The theme of the card.
*Paper and colors.
*Embellishments.
*Stamp set.

Things I kept the same:
*The basic sketch.
*The surfboards.

Recipe:
Supplies:  Provo Craft paper, SU CS, Do the Hula stamp set from SU (retired), punches, dimensional stickers, styrofoam, creamy caramel re-inker.

The sentiment is printed on the computer.  I paper pieced the surfboards and created a wreath with SU punches.  The snowflakes are created using a starfish punch and eyelets. 

To make the sand:  I rubbed two pieces of styrofoam together to "grate" it and then colored with SU re-inker.  I added a little glitter for sparkle, then glued it to the card.

It was really fun making a non-traditional Christmas card.  Hope you like it.

I'll be back with the winners of yesterday's OWH Blog Hop in a few minutes.

Til then,

1 comment:

  1. this is soooo very cute, I adore the surf boards, darling.....have a great evening!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger