Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Check Mate

Hi All,

No tutorial today, but I have a card.  This is for my DH's birthday.  He loves chess, the colors blue and grey and history.  I think this card fits the bill. 

I put the following quote inside:

“Combinations have always been the most intriguing aspect of Chess.


The masters look for them, the public applauds them, the critics

praise them. It is because combinations are possible that Chess

is more than a lifeless mathematical exercise. They are the

poetry of the game; they are to Chess what melody is to

music. They represent the triumph of mind over matter”

(Reuben Fine)
 
DH also has a passion for baseball, but I just couldn't find any way to mix love of these two games, so that will have to wait til next year.
 
Til next time,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger