Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Three-Day Weekend Full of Stamping (oh, and some cleaning too!)

Whew! I never thought Friday would get here this week.  Lots of work and not much time for anything else.  I didn't even have time to post my cards that I made last weekend.  So, to start off a weekend that I hope will allow me time to create, here are my poor, dear cards that have waited so patiently for their turn in the spotlight.


















I created my first card for last weeks' Sketch Challenge over at SCS.  This challenge is great for when you just feel like coloring and don't want to think too much about how you want to layout your card.  I used this great set from Stepping Stones Stamps.  This stamp company knows how to create some humorous sentiments!  I chose this one for my friend Jane's birthday, because she has a great sense of humor and loves to laugh.  Happy Birthday Janey!  The doughnut is stamped once on white CS and then stamped again and cut out to add dimension.  I added some Crystal Effects to the frosting for a little gloss and added glitter to the candles.  Believe it or not, the DP is some Christmas paper I had left over (Cosmo Cricket).  On we go to the next card...




















This card was created for last weeks' Technique Spotlight.  The tutorial showed how to create a faux tile technique.  This turned out to be lots of fun and I plan to make more of these.  I used a retired SU set called "Country Pleasures".  The sentiment is from a different set, (don't remember which one at the moment).  I stamped the image and colored with Copics, then cut the "tiles" into sections.  As you can see, they're not uniform in size (only in a perfect world), but I like the way this came out.  I used Crystal Effects to add a glaze to each tile and then pieced them together on my card.  I'm going to be sending this thank you card out to you Allie, so watch your mailbox.

Well, I think, while the sun is shining, I'll go check on the remnants of my garden and then it's on to more creating and cleaning (if I have to).

Have a lovely weekend,

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger