Thursday, October 1, 2009

Cake Class


I haven't posted much in the way of papercrafts this week, as I have been trying to finish up a cake class through Wilton.  I spent many an hour this week creating gum paste decorations and baking cake and so forth.  Well, the effort really paid off on Tuesday, when my cake all came together.  It was such a fun and yet exhausting experience learning about buttercream, royal icing, fondant, and my favorite medium, gum paste.  Although, I don't think Duff on Ace of Cakes should have any worries regarding my starting my own cake decorating business, I feel I have aquired skills that will carry over into other aspects of my creativity.  Cake decorating class also allowed me to step out of my comfort zone a little, which is always a good thing.  Now to work off all the cakes I've been sampling these past few months!

Til next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger