Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I Love to Read!



One of my favorite pastimes is reading.  It always has been.  It is not often you will find me without a book.  I even get a little nervous when my stack of books yet to be read starts to dwindle.  I also love to discuss reading with my friends.  Recently, I've been having discussions with my friend, Allison, regarding the Twilight series.  She is just finishing it and we have been having the best time talking about the characters and our favorite passages.  In light of that, I created this bookmark for Ali.  The knome is from one of my all-time favorite SU stamp sets, Knobbly Knomes (ret).  I have yet to find another set that duplicates the charm of these little fellows.  I was inspired to create this scene by the Inspiration Challenge at SCS.  Here's the link to the inspiration I chose at Pajama Squid:

Woodland Boot

It's a good thing there is no deadline for entries into the challenges at Splitcoast, since this is a few days late. 

Recipe:  I stamped the BG flowers and toadstools, masking as appropriate, on a piece of Whisper White CS and colored with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol.  I stamped the knome three separate times to allow for some parts to be popped up, colored and adhered to the BG.  The sky was sponged over a flower-shaped punched Post-It to create clouds. 

I hope Ali likes her new bookmark and it reminds her of our friendship every time she picks up a book.

Til Next Time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger