Friday, September 18, 2009

Happy Harvest



I love making Autumn and Winter cards.  They are probably my favorite cards to make.  I pull out all my lovely old, well-loved, much used stamps and just lose myself in a fall scene.  Today, I'm using a retired set from SU, called Happy Harvest.  I have six layers here, which I think is a record for me.  The first layer is the gingham DP from my scrap bin.  The next features the corn stalks, mounted on Pumpkin Pie CS, then the pumpkin patch, mounted on Old Olive CS.  I then stamped and WC'd the scarecrow, cut him out and positioned him in the pumpkin patch.  He's guarding all those Halloween pumpkins!  The fence comes next, which I made out of some scrap CS, stamped with Weathered BG stamp and distressed with ink. I added some faux nails with a mettalic paint pen and then cut the whole thing out.  The little sign is the last layer.  I wove some wire through the top of the sign to make it look like it was hanging on the fence and then draped the scarecrow's gloves over it, so he is kind of leaning.  All images were WC'd with SU re-inkers (my favorite coloring method).  This is just such a happy little card, it makes me smile.  Hope you like it too!
Til next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger