Tuesday, September 22, 2009

More brayering and a couple challenges



I continue in my endeavor to improve my brayer techniques I learned with Ms. Zindorf.  I also wanted to participate in a couple of recent challenges over at Splitcoast.  So, this card incorporates both the Technique Lover's Challenge and the Color Challenge.  I was just blown away by yesterday's TLC where coordinated buttons were made from cardstock.  Yes, the button on my card is made from several layers of cardstock and some Crystal Effects.  I know it's difficult to see in the picture, but this actually turns out to look like a real button with dimension and everything, plus it can coordinate with any cardstock you may be using on your card.  How cool is that?

The Color Challenge for today used Summer Sun, Burgandy and black, which worked well with brayering.  I brayered Summer Sun first and then stamped my flower image from the Essence of Love set.  I sponged some Baroque Burgandy on the right side of my cardstock and black on the bottom.  I highligted some of the reeds with white gel pen, added some glittered punched butterflies and added the sentiment at the top.  It was a very simple and fast card. 

I am in love with this button making technique and will be making tons of these in the near future.  So, go on and check out the challenges over at Splitcoast.  You know you want to.

Til Next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger