Monday, September 7, 2009

TLC Challenge on SCS

Morning Everyone, I was able to play on the Splitcoast Technique Lover's Challenge and wow they had a great project to try, creating your own stamp from fun foam and an embossing envelope.  Here is the link to the MYO Stamp challenge:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=457559

The following is what I created.

Things you will need:  A piece of fun foam and an embossing folder of your choice.  I'm using my new Cuttlebug folder called Owl Flourish.
I cut the foam to the size of my folder.  You could also just cut it to highlight a portion of a folder.
Run your embossing folder through your machine of choice.  Make sure you have a pretty thick sandwich in order to get a deep impression.
Once you have your foam stamp, you need to attach it to your acrylic block.  You can use double stick tape, but my foam had an adhesive background that worked great.  Okay, here's the fun part, ink up your foam.  Really lay it on to get in all those foam crevices.
I stamped this using a cushion underneath to get the best image.  I trimmed to the stamped image to the size I needed, distressed the edges with ink, added embellishments, and this is the end result.

Recipe: Cuttlebug EF, Owl Flourish, Basic Grey CS, Shutter Green Tim Holtz Distressing ink, SU Choc Chip,various embellishments.
Hope you like it!  Have wonderful Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger