Saturday, September 19, 2009

Inspirational Brayering


Although, I won't say that I love a challenge, I do like to learn new things.  I decided to apply my new-found brayering skills to the Inspiration Challenge over at SCS.  What's great about the Inspiraion challenge is you can really let yourself go and when things don't turn out just right, you can say, "I meant to do that, I was inspired".  

Click here to see the mug from the LAMA e-store that inspired me.

I started with Whisper White cardstock and Barely Banana ink.  I then layered on Yo-Yo yellow and Apricot Appeal.  I stamped my butterfly image three times with Versamark and Chocolate Chip and heat embossed.  I then took my fleur de lis stamp and colored it with SU markers and stamped using the huff technique.  I stamped the little scroll in Apricot Appeal.  I wanted the edge to have a little more contrast, so I brayered a small amount of Ruby Red on the edge. 

There are definitely things that I would change the next time around (although I'm forbidden from pointing out flaws on this blog :), but skills build upon themselves and with each practice, I will see more and more improvement.

If you are interested in taking a brayer class from Michelle or want to view her free online tutorials, please see my sidebar for blogs I follow, Michelle Zindorf.   Also, check out the fun challenges at Splitcoast.  It's a great way to spark your creativity.  Here's the link to the Inspiration challenge.

Til next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger